Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Present Witness




"Could I have been anyone other than me?"
Dave Matthews

A spiritual journey is not the same for everyone.  There are some who jet set down runways, but they  have to stop and refuel.  Others might hibernate, but they too must fetch water and nourishment.  What presents in front of us might be a well traveled highway or winding road; but, the pavement will offer exits, ramps, and dead ends for diversion.  

My spiritual journey has placed my feet upon a path offering over grown side trails and eclectic situations.  Teachers have been plentiful and my acquired knowledge did not come on silver platters.  Every step has been a choice adding to the maze which became me.

The spiritual path offers various scenarios which individually alter our interpretation of life.  The personality is impacted by the choices we make whether righteous or devious; but, the core, I believe, remains the same ... the light within shining through our darkness as witness to every step along the way.





No comments:

Post a Comment