Saturday, September 19, 2020

Glass Castles




"In the kingdom of glass, everything
is transparent, and there is no place
to hide a dark heart."
Vera Nazarian


While browsing through quotes this morning, I came across one reflecting a glass castle where there was no place to hide darkness.  Instantly, I was overjoyed by the thought of such clarity in life.  To me, this would initiate security and peace.

Then as I read the quote again, I realized the castle had not eliminated darkness, but simply did not hide it.  So I was no longer comforted, as dark hearts were not removed, they stood out more clearly.

It was difficult to imagine being face to face with someone, exchanging kindness  all the while aware of a black heart.  My inability to do so helped me to face my weakness of ignoring the obvious in my efforts to be kind.  Judgment is not the issue, nor is total acceptance of diversity. Insight reflected to me my  repeated behavior of disregarding the presence of dark spirits, ultimately leading me into the disillusionment of human behavior.


No comments:

Post a Comment