Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Adventurer Faces Fear



"The restless adventurer within me stands eye to eye 
with the fear that has stepped directly in my path."
Craig D. Lounsbrough

True to the spiral of life, I have been traipsing in circular motion.  As the years go by, the cycles seem to spin faster.  Just yesterday I mastered fear and yet here it is again!  Repetition at least offers me an alertness that I have been stuck here before.  I can recognize the pattern and spend less time than I used to in the spin cycle.

There is something so nauseating about whirling round and round.  This of course is what fear does to me.  It whips me off my feet, losing all sense of being grounded, and causes all things to run together leaving me dizzy and confused.  

As a spiritual adventurer I acknowledge the sacred light of the Divine shinning deeply within me.  I instinctively know I am not alone and believe deeply in the oneness of all.  All that I believe is consistently affirmed through extensive reading, writing, and the opening of my heart.  When I step past fear and out of the darkness my light guides me back to my path again.

No comments:

Post a Comment