Friday, December 8, 2017

Beyond Failure




"We all fail at certain points in our lives,
but if your journey stops at failure,
it will become your destination."
Hassnain Qasim

I sat in front of the fireplace in my new chair with all of my necessities at arm's reach.  There was plenty of notebooks, writing pads, blankets and a stack of journals spanning over a vast number of years.  Revisiting old journals is called harvesting.  There is insignificant material to wade through, but every now and then, I come across something quite worthy.

I push through the drama and minimize the chaos while I sketch a time line of particular turning points in my life.  Unfortunately, significant turns in my life were highlighted by sorrow. Repeatedly, I would write: "I know I wouldn't have come back to experience just this."  Then I would push on to find something more worthy of my existence.

I am filled with gratitude for never giving up and settling for lesser than.  Thoughts of 'the best is yet to come' kept me moving towards the unknown.  I eventually embraced the value of my lovely self and accepted life as being a blessing.  It was at this point that I would find what I have always been yearning for ... a life filled with love and truly worth living.


No comments:

Post a Comment