Sunday, December 10, 2017

Interrelated Parts of Self




"Your destination, 
your special gift, 
your personal qualities 
and your potential 
are interrelated."
Sunday Adelaja

If I do not know who I am specifically, I will constantly be misled into insufficient scenarios, wasting my time.  If I am a terrific cook, have a flare for display, and have a comfortable writing style, I just might want to explore culinary school, catering or writing a cook book.  I would not set out for strenuous running, athletic competitions nor professional sports training.

Who am I?  What do I like to do and what do I do well?  Often we take our personal skills for granted falsely assuming anyone can do what we do.  If we have to invest time and money into our life, it would be helpful to know our source of potential.

We have to work odd jobs until we can invest fully in our passion.  We may develop a career around our potential, expanding more fully later in life.  A high skilled craftsman may make his or her living with construction or design, highlighting his custom work.   We may focus on specific research that will one day open our door to personal gratification.  When we know all of our creative nooks and crannies, we can pattern our lives to embrace all parts of the self.

No comments:

Post a Comment