Monday, December 4, 2017

Fear No More



"I once asked a bird,
How is it that you fly
in the gravity of darkness?
She responded, 
Love lifts me."
Rumi

I have become a scanner, just glossing over the newspaper and Facebook posts.  It is not so much that I disagree with what is being stated as it is upsetting to me.  There are certain areas of life out of my control and I feel less and less confident that reparation will ever take place.  I become greatly discouraged realizing greed, disrespect and lack of honor are pulling us deeper into darkness.

I have no desire to hate the haters and I refuse to be a pollyanna with my head in the sand. I gather my light yearning to soar, but instead I feel like a bird who has been drenched in spilled oil.  My wings are so heavy and my sight needs to be restored.  This separateness does not nurture nor restore.

With the need to integrate with others,  I gather little seeds of love and plant them wherever I can.  I focus on the light above and imagine my self gliding through lovely clean air.  Sometimes I softly sing my song, encouraging others to once again take flight, fearing no more.


No comments:

Post a Comment