Saturday, December 16, 2017

Forever Changing




"I think that little by little I'll be able,
 to solve my problems and survive."
Frida Kahlo


In order to survive the holidays I begin to discern what is necessary and what is not.   I dig out my old Santa collection, but leave other packed ornaments for another year.  I extract some keepsake silver and linens, but I certainly do not set the table like yesteryear.

The season would not be right without candles which I have strategically placed in each and every room.  I have reduced the batches of cookies and brownies down to the most favorite and leave the rest.  The freezer holds casseroles to minimize the craziness of holiday gatherings.

The time I have saved is reserved for sitting in my chair with blanket and tea, surveying all of the old pictures available to me.  I think of my children and grandchildren; city and country neighbors; and those who have been dear to me.  Holidays are like the weather: never the same and forever changing.


No comments:

Post a Comment