Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Hermit or Extrovert


 
"Vulnerable we are lie an infant.
We need each other's care
or we will suffer."
 
St. Catherine of Sienna
1347 - 1380
 
 
The overwhelming need to withdraw into my creative space can at times worry me.  It is almost too easy for me to hibernate for long stretches of time, until I sense isolation.  As an individual perfecting hermit qualities, I seem to be kept in balance with my need to experience others in the flesh. 
 
When I am withdrawn, I am intensely interested in ancient wisdom, recorded visions, and meditations.  I can write losing all aspects of time and place, totally absorbed in the out pouring flow coming from God only knows where! 
 
On the other side, I crave the connection with sisters of my heart.  To be in a circle of women, laughing and sharing makes my heart soar.  The heart stories, uncensored, teaches me the wisdom not always found in the written word.  I learn of personal courage, bravery, and broken hearts.  I experience the healing of a wounded spirit through the gathered energy of our circle.  When we share experiences with others, our inner lights ban together, and create a majestic flame. 
 
When I combine my hermit self with my extroverted side, balance is established in my personal and spiritual spaces.  My body, mind, and spirit are aligned leaving me to feel whole and free. 

No comments:

Post a Comment