Saturday, June 21, 2014

Circular Motion


 
 
"For fast-acting relief,
try slowing down."
 
Lily Tomlin
 
 
This morning, I was enjoying my coffee out on the deck while watching my wonderful dog, Bella, run in circles.  I was laughing at her until the thought came to me , "this could be a 'day' dream.  I am one of those folks who believe we dream at night, but we also can receive information during the day when we break certain segments down. 
 
I immediately became defensive, "I don't run in circles anymore," I pompously thought.  Then I watched Bella gracefully plop down and spread her large body onto the grass.  Again I thought, "I slow down, and take time for myself!" 
 
As I opened my mind to what this snippet of a 'day' dream might mean, the message was clear.  It wasn't about my physical body, but about my mind running in circles.  Yes, I do slow down, but my thoughts are still running in those deep circular grooves. 
 
So even if we are moving in slow motion, our mind must be aligned as well in order to deeply relax.  No movement in the body nor the mind.  This sounds so simple, and yet it takes consistent practice.  Primarily, we must be aware of what we tell ourselves.  We might be stating we are relaxing, and yet if our thoughts are not monitored, they can be running in circles, defeating our intentions.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment