Monday, June 9, 2014

Intrigued By The Passing

 


 
 
 
"Write it on your heart that every day
is the best day
of the year."
 
Ralph Waldo Emerson
 
 
Reprogramming myself is indeed challenging.  Every night as I rest my head upon my pillow,  I make a mental list of all the things I am grateful for and give thanks for all of the good.  When I wake up in the morn, I once again clear the slate of all things passed, beginning the day anew.
 
Throughout the day, when I catch my self being critical I try to unearth the reason for it.  Am I feeling threatened, lesser than, or invisible?  If someone is really pushing my buttons, I determine what specifically is annoying me.  Then I do a quick search inside to discover if I am projecting behavior or if the behavior is being reflected to me for a reason.
 
It is hard to undo all of the 'doing' I have allowed.  I try to be aware of life being an on going process with endless opportunities for evolving.  Upon completing even the most mindless task, I take a moment to celebrate.  I am joyful with the smallest of my steps forward keeping me distracted from self-criticism.     I apply layer upon layer of positive attitude believing it will support me through the day.  
 
Each day will be constructed with the tools I decide to use.  My foundation will be built according to my views.  I grow closer to embracing winds, enduring sunburn, aging, and keeping  my self warm.  I am intrigued by the passing of each and every day.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment