Thursday, September 5, 2013

In the Midst of Trees

 

 
 
"My whole world opened up when I realized
what was going on ~
I wasn't broken,
I wasn't crazy,
and I wasn't inadequate."
 
Madisyn Taylor
Learning to Live
 
 
There is a part of me, residing in these woods.  I am at peace here with no words needing to be spoken,  and no thoughts to be explained; just a sense of wholeness in the midst of trees.  I feel safe, and distanced from harm.  Pain free at least for a while, this deeper part of me.
 
Free to wander, hidden by these giant trees, I find the stream with rocks still warm from the sun.  A deer sniffs the air, and realizes it is just me.  The birds do not fly away, and the little critters gather near.  None of us here, have anything to fear.
 
As the breeze whispers through the trees, I find peace and solace in just being me.  There is no big or small, no dark or light, and no other duality.  My normally unused senses are stimulated by all that exists here, where I find it safe to be me.
 
Moonbeams light my path back out of the woods, some ancient voice coaxing me.  Promises of return and reminders of tasks not yet clearly met.  I say good bye to the stream, carry a rock to warm my hand, and hear nothing but sleep from the trees. 
 
Returning to the rest of my life, tear stains proudly linger upon my face. I  breathe into  my steps and face the challenges waiting for me.  I search for words to describe the  ideas randomly flowing through me.  I try to stay present and remedy the illusion of fear, to reflect what I am destined to do.    All the while in my heart, I long to yet again reside in the midst of the trees.  


No comments:

Post a Comment