Thursday, July 19, 2012

At A Snail's Pace





It is in our idleness, in our dreams, that the submerged truth sometimes comes to the top.  ~ Virginia Woolf


Today, I seem to be moving at a snail's pace.  I have a list of chores I want to accomplish and I have been carrying it around for days with not one task eliminated.  Perhaps I need to just embrace this slow state and use it for meditation or contemplation or prayer or sending love, energy, and light to those I know who are in need.  This lazy time might then be turned into a productive time worthy of my day.

Sitting in stillness, I am surprised what rattles through my consciousness.  I settle deeper within and my mindless chatter disappears.  Being mindful, paying attention to what gentle thoughts float into my quiet mind, I sink into the calm.  My body relaxes and I am at peace.

Throughout my day, my pace remains slow, but it gives me time to let my insights unfold.  If I were racing around completing my chores, I would not be experiencing this wonderful state of just being in the present moment.  By late afternoon I am longing to sit with my journal, to further explore what came to mind earlier in the day.  I feel my creative juices longing to flow. 

I think I shall spend more days at a snail's pace.  The experience has brought the gifts of living into awareness and an enhanced appreciation for all that I have. 

All is good in my world.




No comments:

Post a Comment