Saturday, July 28, 2012

Chosing Solitude




The more powerful and original a mind,
the more it will incline
towards the religion of solitude.

Aldous Huxley



Constant emotion like waves flowing in from the sea, wash over my heart.  My body does not move forward, and yet my feet do not step back.  Being still in the moment, I am hoping to unravel the mysteries lingering in my memory.

I discover the difference between isolation and solitude.  Isolation is cutting our selves off from everyone or everything whereas solitude is an act of contemplation.  In isolation, we hide from our self, others, and understandings pressing against us, begging for recognition.  Isolation is a place we withdraw into with fear while solitude offers quiet to enhance further understanding.

Being present in the moment, sitting in contemplation, my mind can release darkness stored behind my soul.  Although the removal is difficult, I hold fast to the light of Divine Presence within me, knowing I cannot do this alone.

In isolation, we are cut off.   We are distant from resources that would help us heal.  In solitude, we find calm and courage to unravel what bothers us.  In this stillness, we discover the willingness to re-enter our world and to try again . 

No comments:

Post a Comment