Thursday, October 3, 2024

Through The Heart ...



"The world exists as we perceive it.
It's not what you see, it's how you see it."
Kevin C. Harmony

 There was an article I read a year or so ago, talking about contact with others. It suggested small greetings or holding a door open, or assisting in a situation to generate kindness. I decided to take it to a higher level and customize my exchanges to truly make a difference, especially when I was not feeling comfortable in our world.

Wherever I went, I would say to the clerk, "Thank you for working today!" I watched faces and noticed how caught off guard they were resulting in a shift of emotions. I felt I had made a difference and I felt kinder for it. In certain situations where time allowed, brief exchanges expanded into fun conversations brightening my day.

When our hearts are heavy and vision distorted,  look outside of ourselves through the heart. Reaching out to others without expectations, lifts our moods and allows for feelings of connection. Disregarding the heaviness of life, we can extend our light to others and fortunately, it reflects back onto us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment