Sunday, March 20, 2022

New Birth and Flowering





"The beautiful spring came, 
and when nature resumes her loveliness, 
the human soul is apt to revive also."
Harriet Ann Jacobs

With the first sign of Spring, my heart bursts out of the hibernation stage and into the welcoming of the cleansed presence of earth.  Rain washes away the accumulated winter debris while  new growth pushes up through the dark rich soil.

I gather the wisdom obtained in my cloistered state, and fearlessly walk into the changing world around me.  I can see a slight green hue around branches of bushes and trees, while bits of color alert the forthcoming arrival of sprouts and blossoms.

I feel this within as well.  There is new energy, ready to push flowering thoughts into new insights and words. The birds take flight with songs meant to be endeared and heighten our awareness.  Even the sound of rain drops bring promises of expanded growth and creative expression.  Amen!





No comments:

Post a Comment