Sunday, March 6, 2022

Unexpected Joy and Excruciating Sorrow




"I am leaving, but I am living."
Cassandra Clare

When I moved to Nashville, Tennessee, a few years ago, my head was filled with visions of book festivals, flea markets, art shows, and creative opportunities.  Little did I know of the tornadoes that would pass through, impacting living arrangements, followed by isolation triggered by Covid.

As I unpacked my belongings, I truly believed it was my last move, that only death would prompt additional  downsizing of my possessions.  It felt as though life had come full circle, forgetting that the only constant in life is change.

So now I choose to return to where I have previously lived, hoping to reenter my sacred circle of friends who enlighten, encourage, and truly 'see' me.  I have learned that opportunities have less meaning if there is no one to witness unexpected joy or excruciating sorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment