Friday, October 29, 2021

Observe and Release

 




"How can you follow the course of your life
if you do not let it flow?"
Lao - Tzu

As a child, when distraught, I would stand at the back door window yearning to find answers.  As I grew older, I sought advice from experienced authors, but often the wisdom found was out of my reach.  In adulthood, I attempted to find a sense of self through my child rearing, career, and the gathering of women.

Exhausting resources outside of my lovely self,  the only place remaining was the inward journey.  Life became symbolized as water ... flowing, current, dams, and distributions.  As I am easily acclimated to water, this symbolism assisted me in learning to stop trying to control.  When I succeeded, I let go and was carried to realms unknown.

Flowing with the tide, it was easier to let go of distorted reality and to be cleansed.  From the middle of the water, I could see the shoreline without becoming too emotionally attached.  Personal lessons did pull me to shore, but I managed to observe and release, consistently get back in the flow.



No comments:

Post a Comment