Monday, October 11, 2021

All Things Autumn



"The leaves are all falling, and they're falling
like they're falling in love with the ground."
Andrea Gibson

If given the option, I would choose Autumn before any of the other seasons.  The chill of the morn offers quiet coffee time bundled out on the deck and the afternoon sun is perfect for comfortable walking on a trail, river walk or parkway.  A fire pit outdoors or activating the fire place offers comfortable times for reflection.

Settled in my favorite chair with a burning candle, journal and peace of mind, I close my eyes and gently recall the beauty of the day.  Beautiful hues of the leaves blend together to create an inspiring scene.  A slight breeze nudges the leaves from the safety of extended branches and they gracefully fall.

Apples dipped in caramel, spiced cider, and favorite soups appear in the kitchen.  All things pumpkin contribute to fall fragrances:  pumpkin bread, pumpkin pie, cream cheese iced pumpkin bars!  As I rake the leaves, I am reminded about sisters of my heart who have gently crossed over.  When I ignite the pile and the smoke billows in the air, my loving memories float to the heavens reminding loved ones, they are never forgotten. 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment