Friday, October 22, 2021

Perception Altered





"Perhaps the biggest tragedy of our lives is that freedom is possible, 
yet, we can pass our years trapped in the same patterns."
Tara Brach

The childhood fairy tale of Little Red Riding Hood was deeply implanted in my subconscious perceptions.  At a young age, I would cling to the impression that a man would come and rescue me.  I longed to feel wanted and protected.  

It wasn't until years later that I became aware of how this story turned into a pattern, repeating itself continuously.  When life reflected back to me that I had worth and value, I began to ponder the credibility of my belief.

My perception was altered, but only partially.  I believed that I did better when I had a mate, that I could soar once I had a male support.  Laughable, I know.  In time, I understood that the love I longed for could be supplied by myself. It is important to gather tools of incentive, creativity and determination which propel us forward into all that we need.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment