Thursday, October 14, 2021

Perceptions of Self




"Would you like yourself, if you met yourself?"
Amit Kalantri

During childhood, I unfortunately believed that I was unacceptable to both God and family.  As I began to attend school, I projected an image of my self that might be more acceptable to those around me. Through motherhood, I learned with my children and began to feel an internal change.

In the empty nest, I entered the realm of spirituality.  There were endless times to speculate and sift out perceptions that simply didn't jive.  In my alone time,  discovering spiritual beliefs and rituals, I did not find judgment, but acceptance; no criticism, but encouragement; and no restrictions, but liberation.  These enhanced concepts were then applied to individuals and families in my people oriented career.

Although there will always be bouts of chaos, life becomes increasingly calm by embracing oneness or respecting diversity.  When we hold our lovely selves accountable, we can defuse situations without harming others through word or deed.  In the present moment, I respect and honor myself, but honestly, it has taken years to advance to this grounded level.




No comments:

Post a Comment