Friday, June 29, 2018

Gouged Sculpture




"I am my own experiment,
I am my own work of art."
Madonna

From an early age, I have been a seeker.  Hypocrisy edged me to look beyond appearances and rhetoric.  To see the heart of the matter, quickly guided me to those whom I could trust or avoid.  Simply put, I knew the hearts of others.  

The largest obstacle was to not only see the heart of someone, but to realize I was viewing his or her soul and not how they were currently functioning.  I could perceive how they might excel, but overlooked the current level of motivation.

Relationships chiseled away parts of myself leaving distrust, shame, and inferiority.  When one is as low as he or she can possibly regress, there is only one way left ... up.  The journey upward, gathering all parts of my self, allowed me to create my inner core parallel to my purpose or calling.  Indeed, I am a somewhat gouged sculpture roughly drafted, but it is so very good to be me!

No comments:

Post a Comment