Sunday, November 13, 2016

The Method of Change





"Can we remain humble enough to know that one method that works
for one soul may not recharge another?  Each of us needs to recharge
in the means that are right or best for us.  And that means may change
from stage to stage of life."
Omid Safi
On Being


There was a time I believed I would uncover one doctrine to guide me through life. This was prior to understanding constant change and the realms of inconsistencies.  At the time I was unaware of my multi-sided persona and the multiple directions I would be drawn.

Clearly, I am not who I used to be and as the heart of the earth beats beneath my feet, I understand I will continue to be beckoned forward.  I tend to seek experiences to increase the depth of my understanding, especially on the inward path.

My sense of self is vibrant, and yet, I shift as I travel the inward spiral.  My human suit is well worn and routinely altered, but it gravitates towards expiration.   My spiritual self?  Ah well, it remains in the midst of the stars shining brightly forever more.

No comments:

Post a Comment