Sunday, November 6, 2016

Hardened Hearts



"Don't let life harden your heart."
Pema Chodron


If we do not heal our real or imaginary wounds, our heart becomes hardened locking us deeper into our own misery and preventing the goodness of life to penetrate.  We remain enclosed or bound without fresh insight, broader perception or ability to move on with life.

The words "let go," immediately trigger resistance within me.  Possession clamps harder upon what ever it is that I am to release.  Even knowing I will be better off to not resist,  I cling to the need of hanging on.  My hesitation in releasing is neither healthy nor honest.

Pema Chodron suggests a different wording ... let it be.   This releases me from ownership and allows me to walk away, making room for new experiences with honest expansion.  To let it be does not provoke harsh attachment or judgment.  It instills the resilience to use compassion for myself and others as a stepping stone.


No comments:

Post a Comment