Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Potentialities





"Once when I was a young lady and on a night express,
I was awakened by a man coming in from the corridor
and taking hold of my leg.  Quite as much to my own
astonishing surprise as his, I uttered the most appalling
growl that ever came out of a tigress.  He fled, poor man,
without a word; and I lay there, trembling slightly not at
my escape but at my potentialities."
Sylvia Townsend Warner


Challenges come into our life to carve our character, test our depths, and expand our relationship to the Divine.  It may take days, months or even years before we are able to trace the transition from helpless to empowered spirit.  

The required stillness with spiritual transition is the arena where we can discover the sudden sharp pain or the subtle unfolding of personal saga.  It is not until we are open to accept our abilities and use them for distribution of kindness, that we fully expand into who we are meant to be.

Whether it is through meditation, contemplation or prayer, we need to strengthen our connection with Spirit.  We can implore the Divine or mentors or guides to repeatedly remind us of all we possess hidden under criticism and trauma.  Daily, we must remind ourselves of our potentialities! 

No comments:

Post a Comment