Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Power Within Me



"Something amazing happens when we surrender and just love.  We melt 
into another world, a realm of power within us.  The world changes 
when we change. The world softens when we soften.  
The world loves us when we choose to love the world.
Marianne Williamson


In sixth grade, my teacher entered a mark under the behavior heading on my other wise exceptional report card.  The check was by the statement, "Does not keep profitably busy."  In that moment of discovery, feelings of humiliation, shame, and even anger pulsed through my young heart.  

This experience shadows me, creating anxiety when life offers unexpected free time.  Pressure  builds as I try to justify how I live my life.  How can I appropriately display wise use of God given time on this precious earth?

Once I surrender to the power in me, my fears melt into love.   With compassion, I release the criticism of others, knowing they do not  see the murals I have painted replacing my shadows, nor do they read the cherished words scrawled across my heart.  My sharp edges have been softened and I easily hold light for this changing world.  I have found strength in the realm of power within me.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment