Thursday, March 19, 2015

Panorama or Up Close and Personal





"When I walk with a camera I walk front shot to shot,
reading the light on a calibrated meter.  When I walk without a camera, 
my own shutter opens, and the moment's light prints on my own silver gut.  
When I see this second way I am above all an unscrupulous observer."

Annie Dillard
Pilgrim at Tinker Creek



As a family gathers or an intense business meeting assembles, we may find ourselves looking through a lens captivating reflections which support our personal view.  This is not necessarily beneficial to the self or others.  When we set our fact finders aside and open ourselves to a larger picture, we can be surprised by collective creative genius.

We squint our eyes and look too carefully, we view only what we are determined to see.  With eyes wide open just to observe, we can be motivated by original backdrops described in detail by others.  By opening ourselves to the possibility of brilliance, we begin to appreciate what others have to offer.  

To capture all of the gifts our surroundings offer, we can clear our minds and prepare to be amazed.  Discoveries will pop out in routine places we pass every day.  The landscape brightens and shares a larger picture.  Our understanding can expand into change and improvement. 








No comments:

Post a Comment