Friday, January 24, 2014

Holding Light

 
 
 
  
"There is a light that shines beyond all things on earth,
beyond the highest, the very highest heavens.
This is the light that shines in your heart."
 
Upanishads
 
 
 
Holding light is a necessity for me in order to stay grounded and mindful.  I stand on my two feet, feeling roots grow down into the crystal core of the earth.  Then I pull the light from the crystals up through my legs and ignite the kundalini energy at the base of my spine.  As energy flows upwards through my chakras, I am mentally reaching up into the Divine Light of all there is.  In attempt to integrate the Divine Light with the light from the core of Mother Earth, I pull the light existing above, down through my body.
 
The two sources of light intersect and twine together within my body.  My heart fills with radiance and this blended light is experienced in both my physical and spiritual self.  Being connected above and below, I feel the pulse of two worlds.  I am tethered and yet suspended.

Throughout my day, I repeat this practice taking as long as it takes to feel as though I am holding this light.  It calms me, secures me, and unleashes my creative desires.  I am kept mindful to walk tenderly upon the earth while at the same time, holding a light for others.  
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment