Sunday, October 13, 2013

And I am With Her

 

 
                                   (Trina Schart Hyman, illustration from Snow White, 1974)




Upon first sight, I fell in love with this picture.  I wanted to climb into this picture of a small room and live there.  More specifically, I felt as though I had lived there and could live there again.  Never as Snow White of course, but look deeply into the content of this picture.  It has all that I need.  There is a sewing basket so I could quilt or do hand stitches.  There is a bird nestled by, and if you know me, you know birds offer me great entertainment and connection.  The clothes are wonderful and I would wear them in a minute ... scarves and long dresses.  Oh to have my lush dark hair once again.  I would have deep discussions with my friend slaving over the pouring of the coffee or more than likely, tea in delicate china cups.  Stained glass windows have always been alluring and a book on the window seat ... perfect.  There is snow just outside the window and I choose to believe those are stars twinkling in perfection with almost unrecognizable streams of light streaming down from the sky. Her hand is held in a familiar Reiki pose, sending light out into the world as she is lost, deep in thought.  And I am with her ...

No comments:

Post a Comment