Thursday, October 3, 2013

A Mother's Dream of Comfort

 
 

 
 

"The teacher who is indeed wise
does not bid you to enter the house of his wisdom,
but rather leads you to the threshold of your mind."
 
Khalil Gibran
 
 
When I woke up this morning, my head was filled with a lengthy dream of being with my children.  Nothing in the dream was dramatic or prophetic.  It was a simple dream, but we were all together just exchanging conversations during a very average day.  Each child bringing to me an individual gift of his or her self.  I miss them so much.
 
They were grown adults as they are today, and each adult child was acting as they would in a normal day.  There were no amazing moments or hidden meanings to be untangled.  They all appeared in their regular apparel and their individual personalities shined through. 
 
Some might categorize this dream as being quite boring, but as the mother this dream was a blessing.  To spend casual time with all of my kids in one place just being normal was amazing.  To have unrushed time for conversations and lots of hugging has brought me comfort.  To watch them interact with each other, teasing and laughing, still brings tears to my eyes.
 
I have learned about dreams from many teachers, and each one has encouraged creating a personal dictionary of symbols and signs.  These wisdom keepers understand that we each put an individual spin on our dream time, customizing it for our own good. 
 
After learning the basics of dreams, one can then go on to interpret individual night time reveries. When recall becomes advanced, a dream can be like a full length feature film.  There are those who might say dream time is just another parallel life and still others who might ponder which life is actually the dream.  For me, however, dream time is a creative extension of my inner self reflecting my yearnings, passions, and fears.

No comments:

Post a Comment