Sunday, December 2, 2012

In the Flow





I've been a fish:  in search of bottom when I've surfaced, in search of surface when I 've bottomed, and the ribbon of God's sea passing through my gills is what I've felt and thought and spoken.

Mark Nepo
The Book of Awakening


In my life, I have too frequently found my self treading water exhausted rather than gently going with the flow.  Going against currents weaken our discovery for what we yearn to know, while fighting upstream can be an obsessive distraction.

According to Mark Nepo, like the small fish uses a gill for turning water into air, we must turn our experiences into something that can sustain us.  We can transform our pain and heartache into something positive to help us move through our days rather than trying to figure out how it all works.

We can determine for our selves which flow we want to follow, as not all of us are meant for mainstream.  No matter what we decide, we must find our soul to be trusting and mindful of what we learn while in the flow!

No comments:

Post a Comment