Thursday, December 20, 2012

Dialogue with the Divine









  I am not a religious person;
I am a spiritual person.
I want to have my dialogue with the divine.
Maybe that means a tree or a rock
or a magnificent being of light
that I cannot explain.

Lynn Andrews






In the heart of every person, there is a spark of the Divine.  I happen to believe that God placed light or energy inside of every thing as it was created.  So if a small glow exists in each and every person and thing, all needs to be revered ... treated with respect and honor. 

I do believe that Spirit talks to us through all objects and people.  When we look at an ocean, the beauty of it can take our breath away ... this is the language Divine speaks.  Messages are constantly being sent to us as we gaze upon the stars or glistening snow.  It is a matter of listening ... hearing the bird singing a song in the tree, feeling the sun shine on your face or feeling cleansed by a gentle rain.  Subtle, but inspiring.

It works the opposite way as well.  When I want to have a conversation with Spirit, I frequently go for a walk.  I sense the presence of God surrounding me.  The spark within me expands as I listen to a bird sing, I see a leaf float elegantly by, and a very interesting rock awaits my attention.  God is in all of these things and I feel joyfully surrounded by love, calm, and peace.  I feel totally connected with the light  in all things and know through this dialogue with the Divine, I am whole once again.



No comments:

Post a Comment