Tuesday, December 18, 2012

So How's That Working Out For You?








The primary cause of unhappiness is never the situation, but your thoughts about it.


                                        Eckhart Tolle
                                 Oneness With All Life



Math, algebra, geometry, and numbers in general have never been my strength.  Somehow I never came up with the right equation, and in many ways this seems to be holding true in my life.

Every year I forewarn my self about the holiday season and how it impacts emotion which in turn triggers responses otherwise never intended to be spoken.  I tell my self to stay in the moment, not to wander into the sadness of the past nor stray into the unknown future.  I know these things to be true and time has taught me these simple precautions are vital.

Today, however, the world of unfairness had broken through my defenses and crowds of questions have rushed in trampling over my carefully placed safe guards.  They are demanding answers and no matter how I link the information, the equations are not coming out satisfactorily.  

Fear shakes me so violently, my rose colored glasses fly off and I see nothing but poverty, illness, violence and death.  Instead of seeing the beautiful spirit emanating light from the heart, I see hunger in the belly, and hatred in the eyes. 

I return to the safety of solitude and begin to mend the fences trampled down.  I pull my resources around me and begin to read passages of well worn books and journals.  Centering myself, I breathe in loving light and exhale the darkness of fear.  Thoughts, prayers, energy and light restore my sense of balance.

Through creative visualization, I begin to send  love, light, and energy out into the world of pain.  I become a deliberate vessel of light pouring brightness into the world of darkness.  I will hold this space in time for as long as I can, clinging to what I believe to be true and hugging the present moment.


No comments:

Post a Comment