Sunday, June 26, 2011

Rainy Days and Sundays ...





In London, the weather would affect me negatively.  I react strongly to light.  If it is cloudy and raining, there are clouds and rain in my soul. ~ Jerzy Kosinski


It is raining today while I continue to unpack.  I take a break and step outside onto the patio, breathing in the fragrant smell of the spring rain.  I watch the birds play in the bird bath and wish I could feel just as playful.  I walk into the yard and let my toes and the soles of my feet glory in the sensual texture of the grass.  I lift my face to the sky, and the gentle rain feels too much like tears running off my chin, so I quickly retreat inside.

Even though I am secure in the knowledge that I have chosen the right course for this part of my life, I still struggle with this process of letting go.  My words are dispirited and my heart grows heavy.   My gaze is drawn back to the rain.

Tired of thinking, I stretch out upon my bed and raise the window to listen through the screen.  The birds are loudly chirping and the rain continues to fall ... "there are clouds and rain in my soul." 

No comments:

Post a Comment