Thursday, June 23, 2011

Wrong Way Go Back


 


Withstanding the tension between opposites
until we know it is "enough" releases us from
the swing between one extreme and the other.

--Helen Luke


As I move through changes in my life, I frequently find myself stressed from entertaining opposite viewpoints.  I carefully examine what I perceive as truth, and then spend a great deal of time exploring what some one else may see as truth in the very same situation.  This can be exhausting.

A long time ago, I learned that it is important to listen to the guidance of others, but that I must then choose what works best for me.  I know my heart, my truth, and the way of my path.  I have spent years going within to discover what is best for me.  It took many journeys into the darkness of the past to remove the obstacles that had built up over the years, hiding my most basic nature. 

Once excavation of the past is complete, I can readily connect with what resonates within me.  If I don't truly know who I am, how can I know what is best for me?  If I give my power away by following the wants, desires, needs of others, rather than addressing my own wants, desires, and needs, I end up going in the wrong direction.  I end up on some one else's path, and not my own.

If you find yourself feeling like a stranger in your own life, perhaps you are following some one else's dream.  If you have wandered so far from your inner beauty, how would you know what you truly desired?  Take time to visualize how your life might look if you unplugged from organizations or relationships or employment and put to use your natural abilities.  What would you be doing if you did not have any obligations to any one or any thing?  How would your life be different?  Dare to dream a little dream.

Realizing that one cannot dramatically change a lifestyle over night, begin small.  Maybe take a yoga class or piano lessons or a photography class.  Creative paths will lead within slowly building esteem and a new sense of self.

If deep down inside, you feel as though you are not living your authentic life, and physically you are over whelmed by stress, stop!  Enough is enough! You are going the wrong way, go back!





No comments:

Post a Comment