Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Becoming Your Self ...



The thing that is really hard,
and really amazing
is giving up on being perfect
and beginning the work of
becoming your self.

Anna Quindlen


As much as I dislike change, I don't ever want to stop changing.  I long to explore and continuously discover parts of my inner self.  By carrying light into my dark shadows, I begin to recognize barriers that keep me from personal growth.  

Transitions have never been easy for me and I have had to reframe shifts from appearing as fearful to actualized freedom.  I can use the energy once used for holding masks of perfection in place, for discovering and enjoying my authentic self. 

It is a special gift of the heart when a friend not only recognizes your spiritual flowering, but celebrates it with you as well.   As in all things, however, in order to embrace the new, some of the old falls away.


No comments:

Post a Comment