"The secret, Alice, is to surround yourself with people who make your heart smile."
Lewis Carroll
Worn down by the constant negativity of what is labeled news (regurgitating fear in hopes of control) I knew I needed to find safety in the presence of those I trust and respect. These would be the ones whose truth resonates and helps me to remain centered rather than longing to take flight.
I cannot always align my schedule with loved ones for a dose of peace, but I can turn to the authors who have warmed my heart and opened my mind. My non-fiction authors probably would cringe if they knew how heavily I have underlined their resonating messages. Heading to the shelf, I purposely hunt for my favorite friends.
To mention just a few: Joan Borysenko, Gregg Braden, Wayne Dyer, Eckhart Tolle, Dr Brian Weiss, Raymond Moody, Elizabeth Kubller Ross, Mark Nepo, Shakti Gawain, Gary Zukav. I have spent years with these writers feeling as though they were intimate friends. They have touched my life with inspiration allowing my heart to smile.

No comments:
Post a Comment