Wednesday, May 29, 2024

A Wick's Fiery Glow

 


"The dignity of the artist lies in his duty of keeping awake
the sense of wonder in the world."
Marc Chagall

The news was filled with war, poverty, and climate change, to mention just a few catastrophes. I experienced a massive heaviness that I was dragging around. Then I remembered that I have choice as to where to place my focus. I imagined what I wanted the world to be like ... filled with kindness, beauty, and positive growth.

I unearthed an old votive candle holder and placed a two hour tea light inside. I lit it and watched the wick become a fiery glow. I imagined it was never ending love flowing through me and out into the world. I envisioned it spreading into the hearts of all people, calming  souls and releasing tension.

I felt lighter and happier as this is how I long for the world to be. I reminded my self that I did not have to approve of life's twists and turns and opinions of mine were not necessarily needed. For two sweet hours, my candle danced in light. I could not help but ponder how the world might be different if we each lighted a candle and visualized a peaceful life. 




No comments:

Post a Comment