Wednesday, April 17, 2024

Walk Beside Me, Please




"I'm not asking you to walk in my shoes; but, could you
walk beside me on secure ground and reach to hold my hand?"
Richelle E. Goodrich

There is a quote about walking not in front of me and not behind me, but to walk by my side. It has been a long time favorite of mine, as I do not like to lead, nor do I like to follow. My paths of solitude have been laced with insight and challenge, but now, to have a friend effortlessly walk beside me at this late date is an exceptional and extraordinary gift.

Although vastly different, my friend and I uncovered a growing calm between us that did not crowd nor push. There tends to be the ability for both of us to pursue our interests on  our own, and yet always return to center, side by side. Facing boring or challenging aspects of life seem to be more tolerable when not faced alone.

It feels as though we are each others home in that we can return  to this safe space where we both can just be. When our hands touch, vibrations of acceptance, affection, and loyalty flow strengthening us. Life offers endless possibilities and unforeseen challenges, and together, we walk side by side.  





 




No comments:

Post a Comment