Thursday, April 25, 2024

Love for the Littles




"People who are younger than I am 
still have valuable wisdom to share."
Tanya Carroll Richardson

Entering this world, I carried a passion for children. It would stay with me as I raised my own four, directed pre-school, directed daycare, and managed a contract working with families within the 'system'. It was for the kids that I sought out solution for those living with lack.

Now as an elder, I continue to have a love for the littles. If we choose to truly listen with an open mind, revelations stream from their innocent minds. His or her observations, memories, and wisdom surpass all time and space. They are untainted by societies restraints and regulations.

Recently there has been an increase in allowing children to visit nursing homes. I do believe these visits spark hope in the lives of the elderly. Maybe the world won't crash and burn, as these youngsters are honest, loving, and inspirational. If we can encourage them to embrace their worth, they will be able to make a significant difference in the future.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment