Wednesday, March 6, 2024

This Totem of Mine




"It is done unto you as you believe."
Jesus Christ

The hawk has been an articulate messenger in my life. For years, it has brought me back in focus through intervention in my thoughts and actions. Spontaneously flying right before me on an interstate or perched directly outside of my window, the hawk has repeatedly brought unexpected and accurate wisdom and corrective direction. 

This totem of mine, consistently reminds me that life presents information which is left to my interpretation. The hawk has insisted through its presence that messages are two fold. They can be applied to my inner sensitivities or unravel the complexities surrounding me. Solid facts shift according to my interpretations.

When life becomes overwhelming and I find myself perplexed and unhappy, a hawk appears to remind me of the strength found in the connection between the body, mind and spirit. Without trust, I perceive life happening to me. Not holding the self accountable, I lack control. Sitting with the hawk, I open to the lesson with new eyes and vision.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment