Friday, March 8, 2024

Between Here and There

 


"You will fear the darkness only to the extent that
you yourself are not providing light."
Marianne Williamson

Just small measures ahead do I stand from darkness. It is right here, hovering, and wanting its way. In my heart, I do know that I am never slinking back, and yet I fear the hot breath bearing down upon me in its own way. No longer will it define me, but I must learn the balance between this darkness and my light.

I am always traveling, seemingly never to arrive. I carry my inner light to shine upon darkened places for it is there that I best understand. I know where I have been and at what cost I survived, and balance the need between here and there. Carefully, I make artistic strokes across the page, but in time all colors fade.

There are times I feel so deeply lost, then magically beckoned by light towards a healing path. Who are these spirits appearing as radiance so that I may find my way? I find pure joy in their presence and remain deeply grateful for the kindling of my flame.  For it is when I contain this light that I will find my way.



No comments:

Post a Comment