Wednesday, March 20, 2024

Mourning ...




"The song of the dove speaks to all who hear it. Its mournful
tones stir the emotions, the  internal waters."
Ted Andrews

While walking in the park, I asked my significant other if he knew what a Mourning Dove was as it is one of my most favorite birds. I proceeded to tell him that I had not seen one in a very long time, and missed hearing the haunting tones. These doves are a beautiful taupe color, mate for life, have two offspring yearly and return to the same nest every spring. 

The next day we were at the dinner table when movement caught my eye outside of the window. I slowly approached the window and discovered a Mourning Dove sitting on the ledge staring at me. (We were up on the 12th floor, hardly a place for it to be.) Joy filled my heart, as I knew it was there for me.

Another day passed and while sitting on the couch, we wondered about the odd sound we were hearing. Again to the window, and there was a Mourning Dove singing its mournful song. It is known to invoke new waters of life, creating new birth as one releases the past and embraces the future. This was synchronistic confirmation and yes, I cried.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment