Tuesday, March 26, 2024

Hell No!




"Aging is not lost youth, but a new stage 
of opportunity and strength."
Betty Friedan

My age has never meant anything to me and I never had elders in my life to portray what aging looked like. Turning twenty-one is the only milestone, age wise, that I remember as life simply unfolded afterwards. I clearly remember what year I was born, but rarely remember exactly how 'old' I am today.

This morning, I will attend a Pilates class at the YMCA followed by a coffee clutch with newly acquired friends. Then I will watch the Illini game with an incredible human being, Jim.  Lastly, I will attend a Drum Circle at Unity with my regular Drum Circle friends, and of course, Jim.

Oh my gosh! I am so glad I am not 'old', sitting around isolated and weeping without companionship. I refuse to wear the polyester nylon blend suggested for elders. Give me my Birkenstocks and all things hippie!  I will continue to loiter in the library and walk at least 3 miles with Jim at the park. As for me aging, hell no! 



No comments:

Post a Comment