Monday, July 20, 2020

Resisting Engagement






"When you connect to the silence within you,
that is when you can make sense of the disturbance
going on around you."
Stephen Richards


Over the years, I have learned how drama unnecessarily clutters our lives with additional anxiety, judgment, and chaos.  Intentionally, I have eliminated participation in situations where drama was most likely to unfold. 

When caught off guard in unpredictable overly emotional experiences, I would discreetly bow out of participation.  The results of weeding out drama or resisting engagement, has brought me longer periods of silence and fewer emotional roller coaster rides.

Within the safety of my silence, I do not withdraw from reality, but observe it to learn the lessons that are being played out.  Without judgment nor investment, an understanding can be gained, creating an intention to counter balance negative energy.  Discarding filters and minimizing fear, I create a sense of safety for peaceful living.

No comments:

Post a Comment