Sunday, March 17, 2019

Seeing Beyond the Surface




"Rest is not idleness, and to lie sometimes on the grass 
under trees on a summer's day, listening to the murmur
of the water, or watching the clouds float across the sky,
is by no means a waste of time."
John Lubbock

By nature, writing is an important piece of my life and it is greatly stimulated by being an observer under a great tree watching clouds in the sky or before an ocean noticing the distinction between the personalities of waves.  Gentle breezes tend to sedate me which allows me to see beyond the surface of what greets the eye.

Soothed by the sounds of water, I am lulled into a vulnerable state where Spirit fills my soul. When I become entirely lulled I can hear whispers of love rippling from the other side. As my physical definition slides away, my senses intensify and my energy stretches to a very fine line.

These moments with the Divine enable me to release words produced through the experience of being perfectly still and vulnerable.  To be in nature triggers my mind to paint with words, to sing  with my heart and to share from the depths of my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment