Tuesday, March 5, 2019

The Author Controls





"Write your dreams in a  journal, a note book or on a card. When
you pen down your dreams, an inner strength and divine power is
activated for you to work towards the fulfillment of your dreams."
Lailah Gifty Akita

In grade school, I discovered the pleasure of writing.  Diaries available to me were just too small, not leaving enough room to embrace my rather large unruly penmanship.  Black and white marbled composition books filled my need.

In high school I became more discreet about my dark writing, but treasured the outlet it had become.  Under the guidance of a college professor, my writing began to have a more positive direction.  Imagine my surprise thirty some years later, when I read "Journaling" had been educationally recognized and therapists reported journaling to be an important tool in healing.

Throughout my career, I have encouraged both young and old to pick up the pen and to allow the inner thoughts to flow uncensored onto the page.  One can write in phrases, poet's lines, or throw grammar to the side and express inner thoughts through sketching.  Save it, burn it, or savor the words expressed.  The author, after all, has absolute control to change names and places or rewrite history.  Pick up the pen.

1 comment:

  1. This is so true. You taught me to pen my dreams and I have ben doingthis for some time now. It is so very helpful!

    ReplyDelete