Monday, March 25, 2019

Hieroglyphics Etched in Heart



"I like other people's words.
They fill me up."
Jasmine Warga

When I speak to my inner self, I often do not project authority nor inspiration.  My sight inward is stilted, drab, and unwelcoming.  When I finally quiet my jabbering, the small inner voice is able to be heard extending kindness, acceptance, and the courage to continue forward.

Resisting the call of the day, I retrieve a small package of letters gently wrapped in twine.  I have saved them from over the years when friends and relatives took time to express life in lengthy renditions.  I allow the words of others from years gone by to lift my spirits and to feel connected again with those who have passed me by.

If I were to be asked who had the greatest impact on my life, I would have to say, "Words of other people".  The wonderful authors whose words I hold dear, the lyrics of the musician, and the testimony of those living in fear.  Just as hieroglyphics have been carved onto ancient walls,  kind words authored by others have been etched upon my heart.





No comments:

Post a Comment