Friday, March 15, 2019

The Owl Sitting On The Post





"I have found my way, step by step, proceeding from touch points
that have emerged, some through conscious choice and some through
dream state discovery."
Leonard Nimoy

While taking the back road home, I came to a dead end with an owl sitting on a post.  I backed up, turned around, and  traveled to another back road by passing the well traveled highway.  My thoughts drifted back to the owl, as it seemed to be sitting there waiting for me.  I knew an owl represented death and rebirth, but what did that have to do with me?

If we look at the above paragraph and read it as though it were a dream, we would learn a lesson.  In my relationship, I was at a dead end.  It was dying and there was no way to revive it.  In spite of this visual sign of an owl,  I backed up and tried it to get back with a different approach.  Notice that I avoided the highway where I could be exposed to more knowledge; instead I again chose a back road.  

Within two hours, my then relationship totally disintegrated and it wasn't until a few hours passed that I once again thought of the owl.  I believe it was a desperate illustration for me to stop at the end and begin anew.  The insinuation was to not invest more time and energy into a dead end, but to move forward through fear onto a new highway.

No comments:

Post a Comment