Friday, March 22, 2019

Spaces Between Seconds





"I don't know what they are called, the spaces between seconds ~
but I think of you always in those intervals."
Salvador Plascencia

My creative mind  floats through nature, art, music and time, hoping to find  elements impairing or enhancing the life I live.  The many phases of time illustrates expansion and contraction; acceleration and pause; elaboration and minimization.

Once on sabbatical, I removed clocks, calendars, and ruling structures from my routine.  I awakened and retired at will; ate when hungry; and filled spaces of my day according to my interest, desire, and passion.  As I would write and read, it became apparent that the simple mechanism of a watch was far less capable of proficiently regulating my time.

The constructs of time continues to mystify me.  Time is a trickster, indeed, using magical moments, and instances of splendor.  Time can be elongated periods of pain whether emotional or physical, and endless spaces with unknown descriptive markings.  My favorite of course are those seconds just outside the boundaries of time, where love flickers and holds me tight.

No comments:

Post a Comment