Monday, August 21, 2017

Release by Choice



"Despite illness of body or mind,
in spite of blinding despair or habitual belief,
who you are is whole."
Danna Faulds


My fists were gnarled and my angry thoughts were beyond reason.  Ashamed for this lack of higher thinking, I became critical until I remembered to breathe.  I called to mind all emotions are capable of flowing through us, and it is up to us to get out of the way, allowing them to pass through.

This anger I have been feeling is a direct result of trying to ignore the hatred of others.  I have wandered out of my comfort zone, exposing my vulnerable heart to the cruelty of others.  Deep inside I do know I cannot change anyone except for myself.  

I sit in silence, not squashing my feelings, but releasing them ... letting them go.  I focus on my purpose in life to hold space for others, safe space where love can be rekindled.  Placing my bare feet upon Mother Earth, I reconnect with her energy and elevate these peaceful feelings up into my body.  I am once again aligned, standing in my own power, concentrating on extending light out into the world.

*** Special thanks to Nancy, Amazing Yoga Teacher for sharing Danna Faulds poetry

No comments:

Post a Comment